Friday, January 19, 2007

the bath

he's gone into his nether swirls
again
making jitterbug in the bath
typhoons of armani scented rain
white clouded by spanish soaps
who owns that delirious chap
that whoopee fella
in the bath
?

may be if i concoct a scramble
with fishy roe and fancy cheese
sweet temptations from creams
or vanilla milk
i can cook a scent that might shake
whatever charm has gripped
that frenzied lad
or would some master stroke
of a chemical combination
ease his rowdy steps
a-cha-cha in the bath
?

i'll brew exotic liquids
give up mysterious aromas to the air
bake fanciful creations
in my desperate quest for calm
before my neighbors clamor
with their horns and surly dogs
deface my sleeping garden's wall
with angry exhortations
i need a moment of repair
perhaps beneath my stair
i need to ponder
the stranger in the bath

sometime in the night
was i transported
to a land that's never known
suburban omaha?
to a place where life
cavorts in such unlikely ways?
if i walked beyond my garden
would i find magicks loosed and careless
as the laddy
in the bath
?

my feet go crossed and aimless
cause havoc on the floor
when musics jump and turn the air
i am no charming prince
laughing in disguise
leaving flutter and awkward smile
no cowboy riding bareback
in a comic rodeo
so will someone quickly tell me
what happened to omaha
?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lettershaper said...

Very much enjoyed the time I spent here; this first poem is just stellar...as a poet and an avid reader, I found it enriching as well as intresting. I thank you...

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter