Sunday, July 30, 2006

a sunday frivolity

be my melancholy baby, with your curious and somber
jitter-bug, come sit with me, let's make clatter with the
gulls, you'll be my found and jolly bauble

let's make clamors, little jaybird, little minor-key confoundment,
maybe rum darkly while your eyes are blue, supper on some
sweet j.daniel sauces, and la-la to a poodle-boy refrain

i may be a windup dally, a playground loop-d-loop, i was a
prima, and had maria's eye before she knew my secrets
and tossed me from boheme

i may be a tuesday morning laugh's affair, staled on
sunset boulevard, a whoopee in a 40 dollar room, and
i never pass a window and can not bear the day's

reflections, and have i earned a lover's prize, wiped
clean of salves and moisturized confections, to fit a
shelf i've crafted with great care, where i can while,

and wait, and taste my sunday teas

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely delighted to discover this. great job!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really delighted to find this. Good job!

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, regards

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter