Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Blues Just Ain't Goin' Away

Traveler, ABC, 2007. Season 1 Finale: The Exchange.

Talk about going out with a bang. The series dipped and curved, went up and down, but found its groove. It also gave us a doozy of a cliffhanger ending. Should we take this optimistically and expect a 2nd season? I've gotta leave a yes vote for the lads and lasses who make these decisions. I'm still a bit disconcerted that a conspiracy series would reveal so much, so soon. I'm not complaining, just disconcerted. It finished with a solid 3 stars out of 4.

Dexter, Showtime, 2007. Season 2

I'm preparing myself for a Dexter marathon, season 2 style. I need the perfect combination of pizza and wine, so I'm reviewing menus and questioning sommeliers. A treat deserves a treat, does it not? I'm breathing in the ether from nirvana - Dexter and John from Cincinnati in the same week. Bliss in a timely package.

Durham County, The Movie Network, 2007

Oof. I'm creeping and crawling through this series. Actually, this creepiest of all series. It is so dark, so unrein, unsauber that I watch it with one eye closed. My hand hovers over fast forward, like a child watching a horror film. I've only made it through the 3rd episode but will, eventually, finish. Dexter's a good wine while Durham's a double-shot vodka. What we gotta do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter