Wednesday, July 25, 2007

remember

i'm harbored by an ailing, a dwindling
gone shrunken, and i am so much
less

i've made my fight, day break punches
crippled hands, smirks like slaps
up on me

wake up, wracked in restless turn
hard twist, jiving in the dark
alone

how did this get inside of me, strike
me, push me down on that dusty floor
broken

ticks and tocks, crafty old alarms
boozy yawling between the hours
5am

give me some explanation, some
discourse, flowery words out of your
book

aren't i god's own creature, his crafty
creation, ain't i got his image down
pat ?

but confessions don't bring careless
breathing, moonlight on my bed, silky
roses

let me sit up in my window, whistling
love songs, tossing lullabies down to the
mist

don't ease my head when summer's passing
or gray the clouds with teary blathers, or am
i

full up with days gone short, nights stretched
up and down the stairs, knocking whispers
back

remember that i was once a young man
raw and gentle with my ways, now i am so much
less

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter